UCLA Extension will host the 19th Annual UCLA Extension Restaurant Industry Conference on Thursday, April 16 at UCLA Covel Commons in Los Angeles. The all-day conference is themed Restaurant Realities: Making it Real…Getting It Right, a focus on the state of the hospitality industry, trends, leadership, strategy influence and operational excellence.
Kevin Reddy, chairman and CEO of Noodles & Company, will receive the 2015 Innovation Award, according to a press release.
“Our goal with this year’s conference is to explore major influences that are currently shaping the restaurant industry. We will explore how we can focus on issues related to fairness, transparency and accountability when dealing with employees, customers,” said conference chair Anna Graves, partner and co-leader of the Restaurant, Food & Beverage Industry Group, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP, in a statement. “We’ve put together an incredible group of people both on the stage and behind-the-scenes that will offer insight and a glimpse into the future of where the industry is headed.”
• Steven Goldstein, Partner, The Culinary Edge
• Fred LeFranc, Founding Partner, Results Through Strategy
• Darren Tristano, Executive Vice President, Technomic, Inc.
• Ed Valle, Chief Marketing Officer, El Pollo Loco
• Srinivas Kumar, CEO, CraftWorks Restaurants & Breweries
• Brett Schulman, CEO, Cava Grill
• Steve Heeley, Chief Operating Officer, Veggie Grill
• Jacob A. Organek, Founder and Partner, Rosser Capital Partners
• Susan Sarich, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, SusieCakes, LLC
The conference is presented by UCLA Extension Business, Management & Legal Programs and provides continuing education credits for attendees, the announcement said.